The Library of the Physics Department is found on the fisrt floor of the new building of the Physics Department.
The students can borrow books from the Library or they can find other scientific resources.
Open hours: 9 am to 1 pm all the working days
Library Responsible: Ghikas Dimitrios
Library Secretary: Chrisanthi Mode
Tel: 2610-996087. 2610-996082
email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Library & Information Center-University of Patras
The Library and Information Center (LIC)of the University of Patras is one of the most important and
lively services of the University and since August 2003 is accommodated in a new building that can be found at the end of
Aristotelous Street at the Campus, east of the Civil Engineers building.
The new building covers more than 8.000 square meters which are distributed in 4 floors. The internal arrangement of the
building and the distribution of the various services, follow modern ergonomic models that can satisfy almost all the needs of visitors and users.
The building offers complete network infrastructure and modern electronic equipment and it can accommodate roughly 500
individuals in the various reading rooms.
The spaces, the collections and the services of LIC spread in four floors. In LIC you can find:
LIC is an open access library and offers documented information and material to all users.
- Four hundred (400) places of study in the reading rooms located in all four flours.
- Forty four (44) computer terminals.
- Two (2) collaboration rooms that are available to tutors, graduate and postgraduate students everyday.
- Three (3) individual reading rooms.
- A lecture room with a capacity of seventy (70) individuals.
- A user-training room with a capacity of twenty (20) individuals.
- One hundred and twenty four (124) lockers for personal belongings.
Acquisition of materials is based on the teaching subjects and needs of the University. LIC maintains collections of monographs,
journals and general informative material (encyclopaedias, dictionaries, handbooks).
It also offers access to a number of databases (text and multimedia) either or in CD ROM and collections of electronic
journals and electronic books. Finally it maintains smaller collections of material in various formats such as disks, cassettes,
music CDs, videofilms and microfiches.
LIC can be used by the following groups:
- Teaching and administrative staff of the University of Patras
- Students enrolled at the University of Patras
- Postgraduate and doctoral students
- All employees at the University of Patras
- Open University Students
External users: Users that do not fit in the categories above. External users have to pay 30 Euros to register as a guarantee which is non refundable
For the use of services it is important to register and issue a library card. Registration states that the
user has read and complied with the rules of LIC.
Monday to Friday: 08:00 - 21:00
Monday to Friday: 08:00 - 14:00
Monday to Friday: 08:00 - 21:00
LIC does not operate on Public Holidays. During holidays and Public Holiday eves the working hours are reduced.
All changes concerning the working hours are posted in LIC’s premises and on the LIC’s website.
More information can be found