1) “Laboratory Exercises”, Notes, G. Leftheriotis, A. Kazantzidis.
2) “Renewable Energy Sources”, P. Yianoulis.
3) “Solar Energy Systems”, Notes, Y. Tripanagnostopoulos.
- Study of a flat plate solar collector. Estimation of optical efficiency and thermal losses.
- Study of a photovoltaic panel. Measurement of the I-V characteristic, measurement and estimation of the characteristic electrical parameters.
- Study of the effects of light intensity and temperature on the performance of a photovoltaic element. Measurement of its spectral response with use of a monochromator.
- Use of pyranometers and actinometers for the measurement of solar radiation. Spectrally selective filters. Electronic integrators of solar radiation.
- FRESNEL lens concentrators of solar radiation. Focal point. Measurement of the concentration ratio. Applications.
- Study of the effect of thickness of building materials on their thermal resistance. Estimation of the thermal conductivity coefficient and U-value of a wall. Use of a special simulator.
- Measurement of wind velocity and direction. Production of the appropriate charts.
- Measurement of photovoltaic panels under sunlight. Charging of batteries. Temperature effect on PV efficiency.
- Independent study of special topics.
The topics available are in the following fields: i) Wind Energy, ii) Photovoltaics, iii) Thermal collectors, iv) Greenhouses, v) Slar ponds, vi) Thermal losses, vii) Geothermal energy.