- Introduction to Signals and Systems.
- Fourier Series and Fourier Transform, Linear Systems and Filtering, Energy and Power Spectral Density, Noise and Random Processes.
- Analog Communications
- Amplitude Modulation-Demodulation, Super-heterodyne Receivers, FDM, Noise in AM AM Radio, TV.
- Angle Modulation, Frequency-Phase Modulation – Demodulation, PLL, Noise in FM, FM Radio, Stereo.
- Pulse Modulation
- Pulse Modulations, Analog to Digital Conversion, Sampling, Quantization Pulse-Code Modulation, Matched Filter, Line Coding, Pulse Shaping, TDM.
- Information and Digital transmission
- Information Measure, Channel Capacity, Probability of Error in Transmission, Geometrical Signal Representation, Digital Modulation Techniques (ASK,PSK,FSK,QAM, Spread spectrum).