The Division of Theoretical and Mathematical Physics, Astronomy and Astrophysics deals with a wide range of topics in modern Physics. The research fields in the Division includes the following.
- Observational Astrophysics,
- Theoretical and computational astrophysics,
- Classical mechanics,
- Fluid mechanics,
- Elementary particle physics,
- Quantum foundations and quantum information,
- Probability theory and applications,
- General Relativity and Quantum Gravity,
- Computational physics.
The Division oversees an associated specialization module in the 4th year of the Physics B.Sc. and the specialization “Theoretical, Computational Physics and Astrophysics” in the M.Sc. “Advanced Studies in Physics“.
For further information, see the links below.
Astronomy Laboratory http://www.astro.upatras.gr/en/