1. Personal Information: Zaharias M. Psillakis was born in Athens (Greece) in 1956. He is married.
2. Present Position & Address: Assistant Professor, Division of Theoretical and Mathematical Physics, Astronomy and Astrophysics, Department of Physics, University of Patras, 26500 Patras, Greece. Tel. +302610-997474. E-maill: email@example.com.
3. Education: Ph.D. (1988) in Physics, Department of Physics, University of Patras. Dissertation’s title: Dynamical models of magnetic fields with applications in (Earth’s) magnetosphere. Supervisor: Professor G. A. Katsiaris; B.Sc. (1980) in Mathematics (4-year studies), Department of Mathematics, University of Patras; Sabbatical (1993-1994) Department of Computer Science, University of Nevada – Las Vegas, USA.
4. Courses Taught: Probability and Statistics, Stochastic and Discrete Mathematics, Computational Mathematics, Numerical Analysis, Computational Physics, Computer Programming Languages.
5. Research Interests: Applied Probability, Forecasting, System Simulation, Dynamical Systems, Physics of Fluids.
6. Recent Publications (2011-2013):
· Makri, F.S., Psillakis, Z.M. (2013). Exact distributions of constrained (k,l) strings of failures between subsequent successes. Statistical Papers, 54(3), 783-806.
· Makri, F.S., Psillakis, Z.M., Arapis, A.N. (2013). Counting runs of ones with overlapping parts in binary strings ordered linearly and circularly. International Journal of Statistics and Probability, 2(3), 50-60.
· Makri, F.S., Psillakis, Z.M. (2012). Counting certain binary strings. Journal of Statistical Planning and Inference, 142(4), 908-924.
· Makri, F.S., Psillakis, Z.M. and Kollas, N. (2012). Counting runs of ones and ones in runs of ones in binary strings. OpenJournal of Applied Sciences, Supplement: 2012 World Congress in Engineering and Technology, 44-47.
· Makri, F.S., Psillakis, Z.M. (2011). On success runs of a fixed length in Bernoulli sequences: Exact and asymptotic results. Computers and Mathematics with Applications, 61(4), 761-772.
· Makri, F.S., Psillakis, Z.M. (2011). On success runs of length exceeded a threshold. Methodology and Computing in Applied Probability, 13(2), 269-305.
· Makri, F.S., Psillakis, Z.M. (2011). On runs of length exceeding a threshold: normal approximation. StatisticalPapers, 52(3), 531-551.
· Makri, F.S., Psillakis, Z.M. (2011). Strings of constrained length in binary sequences. (In Greek with English Abstract). Proceedings of 24th Greek Statistical Conference, Patras, 195-202.
7. Referee/Reviewer: Metrika, Communications in Statistics – Theory and Methods, Brazilian Journal of Probability and Statistics, Tourism Management, IEEE Transactions on Reliability, Mathematical Reviews.
Τα cookies επιτρέπουν μια σειρά από λειτουργίες που ενισχύουν την εμπειρία σας στον ιστότοπο. Κάνοντας κλικ στο "Αποδοχή όλων", συναινείτε στη χρήση ΟΛΩΝ των cookies.
Ωστόσο, μπορείτε να επισκεφτείτε τις "Ρυθμίσεις cookies" για να παράσχετε μια ελεγχόμενη συγκατάθεση.